Friday, May 7, 2010

Information for Moms Who Want to Dance 1x per week

If you like the description of the dance lessons, or you just want to get out of the house once a week and wear a pair of heels for forty-five minutes, then try to take a free ballroom dancing lesson either in the suburbs, or even better, at a studio in the city. The studio I go to, "Dance With Me SoHo," is in a great location for shopping or going out to eat after the lesson, if you can make a whole afternoon of it.

The address is 466 Broome Street (corner of Greene) and you can get there from Grand Central by taking the 6 train to Spring Street, walking one block south to Broome and then a few blocks west to Greene.

When my kids were very little I took a continuing ed class at NYU once a week, and it made me feel like a real person again, just being among grown ups and having some writing assignments that required me to go to a movie and to see a play. It was a pain to get there and I had to hire a babysitter for that evening every week, but it was very worth the change in routine. The dancing could serve the same purpose, and you are exercising at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment